Welcome to Marge Maghoney Photography.
I'm psyched you found me and I'm excited to get started!
I'm not looking to meet your expectations. Nor do I want to exceed them.
I want to BLOW you away.
So talk to me. After giving me all the basic information about yourself and the event, let me know what everything you want (like a wish list). Crazy about a photo you saw on Pinterest? Send the link to me and we'll not just recreate them, we'll make an even killer version of it. Conscious about something? (For me, it's my ass. Especially when I'm bloated.) Tell me what you don't feel so hot about. Do you like your right angle more than your left? Then tell me what you are 200% comfortable in flaunting. Have a killer clea-vahge? A winning smile? We'll pepper the shoot with highlights of these. Have a photo of your dress? Send it to me (firstname.lastname@example.org), it always kickstarts inspiration for the shoot. Tell me your love story...how you met and what sealed the deal.
Have fun browsing this site. You'll find full galleries at www.margemaghoney.com.
Looking forward to reading your first email and getting this party started!
It started with taking photos for leisure and sanity. Documenting moments of my life with friends and family. Enthusiasm turned to passion and passion led to a discovery of what truly makes me happy...and also makes me money (how 'bout that?). I'm a purple cow. Or at least try to be. With every signle shoot. A purple what? In a pasture, a purple cow would stand out from the rest, you would immediately notice it. A purple cow garners attention. The term was popularized by author Seth Godin in his book, Purple Cow, that "lists ideas on presenting yourself to clients in a more remarkable way, thus grabbing their attention and separating yourself from others in your field." I take pride in being chosen by my clients for quality and quantity plus a price range that spells out V-A-L-U-E. That and they say I'm fun and easy to work with. I think when you've been doing something you love for so long, that comes naturally. It now comes easy for me to make you feel comfortable even if you feel you're at your dorkiest in front of a camera. Make you work it without looking like you're trying to. How? I guess it's just by being myself. And having done this a bajillion times. I always find myself ridiculously focused on making you look your best on your photos and seeing it a fun challenge to make each event tighter than the last. And isn't that what you want? When we're on the same page, we make the shoot an enjoyable and easygoing experience and when you're having fun, that's when you look your best.
Back to value. For less than $5K, you get:
- A complimentary 1-hour engagement session.
- A flashdrive that includes all original photos, edited images in color and black & white and a 3-4 minute photo slideshow with music.
- An online gallery for viewing and purchasing prints (customizable in color, B&W or sepia).
- Your own Zazzle store with an assortment of items with your wedding images.
- Shared rights to photos.
- Posting of your best images on the Marge Maghoney Photography Facebook fan page for easy sharing and tagging. (optional)
- An 8" x 11" 60-page leather cover photo book.
- A 24" x 18" photo canvas.
- Two 5" x 7" 40-page softcover photo book for both sets of parents.
- Custom calendar for the next 12 months with your best wedding images for each month.
- 50% discount for a 1-hour maternity or couple/family holiday photo shoot.
All this?! Seriously? Yes, sweetheart. And the icing on the cake? Payment plans. Chop it up into 3 installments and you won't even notice everything's been paid for by the time you're done. That's the super package for a full day wedding. But not all weddings (and budgets) are created equal so everything is customizable. If you just need me for a few hours without the bells and whistles, that's absolutely doable.
My point of view is this. If I was the bride, or the birthday celebrant, or the excited recently engaged or the proud mom of a graduate looking for a photographer to capture my special day or my special someone's day, being good is, well, not good enough. I want someone extraordinary who is willing to work with me with what I am willing to spend.
I still get super excited with every new event I'm working with. I get pumped up brainstorming with my brides (and on a few occasions, grooms) on how we can make their day totally awesome. I treat you not as a business contact but as a friend. I am constantly thankful for you allowing me, someone you've never met before, to be part of your special day. Not just a guest, but to be there to document an event you and your family will look back to in the years to come. That's a fucking honor.
So I tailor packages in such a way that is all-inclusive and Cirque du Soleil flexible. Check them out, compare them with what the other photographer you were planning on calling has to offer and you'll find that there is nothing close to it out there. If, in the rare chance that there is, it would cost at least three times more expensive than what I offer. And just between you and me, that is plain old crap. Sure, talent has a price. But $7,000 for a day's coverage? Kiss. My. Sweet bootie. You can get an excellent photographer, a videographer, a day of coordinator and a make-up artist for that amount. Shoot, you can buy yourself (and the rest of your family) five freakin' Macbooks for that price.
"We have an obligation to change the rules, to raise the bar, to play a different game, and to play it better than anyone has the right to believe is possible."
Can I get an AMEN?!
It is not just about changing the game. It is about being the best in the field because the best makes her clients happy and would not be happy herself by settling for less. Don't you agree?
It all boils down to this. I absolutely LOVE what I do! From my first email exchange with you, to brainstorming for new ideas, preparing my gear, discovering your best angle, finding the moments in-between, seeing the look on your fiance's face as he sees you for the first time, the interesting conversations I have with you and your family, the atmosphere of celebration, updating the website with new photos, editing, laying out photo books, reading kind words you left on Yelp (to this day this makes my heart do back flips) to personally writing thank you cards and seeing photos of your first born on Facebook. I feel incredibly blessed to be able to make a living out of what I enjoy so much and I feel it automatically translates to passing on that gift to you.
I won't bore you with a lengthy description of my 'style of photography.' Photos are meant to be seen and experienced. That is what the online portfolios are for. Craving for more? Head over to www.margemaghoney.com for full wedding albums.
Enjoy! Can't wait to meet you!
Ready to Get the Party Started?
Send me your event date, time & location at email@example.com prior to booking to ensure availability. You'll receive a prompt response and once availability is confirmed, you can go ahead and book any of the packages below. Once you're booked, you do the happy dance while I do The Robot.
San Francisco City Hall Weddings
This. is LITERALLY. my jammest of the jam.
To cover the basics...
- For marriage license FAQ's, click here.
- For civil ceremony online reservations,click here.
- For civil ceremony FAQ's, click here.
Instructions on Getting Married at City Hall:
1. Ceremonies are available Monday-Friday at 10:00 a.m through 3:30 p.m. every half hour. There are three reservation slots available during each time period.
2. Reservations require a payment of $72 at the time of booking. Appointments may be made:
Online - Reservations can be made Online Civil Ceremony Reservations with a
Visa or MasterCard. ONLY. A $5.00 convenience fee will be added.
In person - Reservations may be made by one of the parties to the marriage or
a third party. The person making the reservation must be able to pay at the
time of making the appointment. Cash, money order, and debit card will be the
ONLY method of payment accepted when making the reservation in person.
3. Absolutely no changes can be made, and no refunds or credits will be given for any reason(s) including but not limited to cancellation, error, failure to show up, or any unforeseen circumstances.
4. For Ceremonies...
The ceremony will NOT be performed unless you present a VALID marriage license to the commissioner at the time of your ceremony. If you are unable to do so, you will be required to make another ceremony reservation and pay the ceremony fee again. If the marriage license was not purchased in San Francisco, it must be a PUBLIC marriage license for it to be valid in San Francisco.
If a marriage license has already been purchased, check the expiration date of your marriage license prior to making the ceremony reservation. The marriage license is valid for 90 days from the marriage license issuance.
If you plan to purchase your marriage license on the same day as your ceremony reservation, you must make and pay for a marriage license reservation for the same day at least 30 minutes earlier than your ceremony reservation time. For example, if your ceremony reservation is 10:00 a.m., your marriage license reservation should be scheduled no later than 9:30 a.m.
6. Both parties to the marriage must be able to speak and understand English. If the commissioner feels that either party does not speak English, he/she may refuse to perform the ceremony unless you provide your own third-party interpreter. Couples requiring a ceremony performed in sign language or any other language, do not book the appointment online and you must call the County Clerk's Office, come to the office directly to make such arrangements or email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow a minimum of two week advance notice for all sign language bookings.
7. The couple and no more than 2 witnesses should arrive at the INFORMATION DESK at City Hall, Room 168 for CHECK-IN 10 minutes before your appointment time (other witnesses shall wait in outside area.)
8. Each couple must bring:
Valid marriage license
Legal photo identification
At least 1 witness (NOT provided to you. Applies only to couples with a
PUBLIC marriage license)
No more than 6 guests total (includes witnesses, children, photographer)
9. Ceremonies are performed in a location determined by the commissioner (usually ourprivate ceremony room or the rotunda, if available.) Specific requests for the rotunda or any other area will not be accepted as we cannot guarantee availability.
10. A certified copy of your marriage record will not be available for purchase ($14) until 2 weeks after your ceremony. Same day and expedited services for certified copies are not available. Please plan accordingly.
11. No form of litter is permitted to be thrown anywhere inside or outside the building (includes outside steps). Helium balloons, alcohol, and knives are not allowed into the building.
12. Camcorders and cameras are permitted.
TIP: READ THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO ROCKIN' YOUR SAN FRANCISCO CITY HALL WEDDING HERE.
Be the first to hear about the latest tips, promos & events!